1. WHO IS GGWRC?
GGWRC is not a membership association. It is a religious organization with strong emphasis on education run by a small staff working under the direction of the Chairman of its Board of Trustees. GGWRC works with other Muslim and non-Muslim individuals and organizations throughout Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey. Its programs often draw upon the support from a small group of Muslim families living in and around Saylorsburg.
2. WHERE IS GGWRC LOCATED?
While our activities take place all over the region (Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey), GGWRC also operates a worship and retreat center on approximately 26 acres in Saylorsburg, Eastern Pennsylvania. Our retreat facility consists of eight worship/meditation buildings, a sermon house and a masjid.
3. WHAT DOES GGWRC DO?
GGWRC organizes programs for both Muslims and non-Muslims, which have included some of the following over the years:
1) Religion (Deen) Intensives: intensive training in traditional Islamic sciences for Muslims.
2) Tarbiyah Projects: activities to inculcate Islamic behavior and identity among Muslim children.
3) Spiritiual Training for Muslims: programs to increase the skills of those involved in Islamic work.
GGWRC works to strengthen the moral and social fabric of America. Success is achieved by building bridges between and among those who share our vision, Muslims and non-Muslims alike, at both individual and organizational levels. It is our understanding and our hope that this process will make American society more receptive to mainstream Islam.GGWRC develops programs that build bridges. The list is neither fixed nor exhaustive, but represents the kinds of programs we are involved in. They fall into two groups: those reaching non-Muslims, and those bringing Muslims together.
In summary, GGWRC offers:
• Individual instruction in meditation practice for newcomers.
• Group meditation & worship as in daily schedule.
• Workshops and lectures on various aspects of Religion quarterly.
• Daily Activities as mentioned above.
• Cuma (Friday) Prayer in every Friday.
• Sunday School Program.